Privacy of your personal health information is an important part of our office providing you with quality dental care. We understand the importance of protecting your personal health information. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing your personal health information responsibly. We also try to be as open and transparent as possible about the way we handle your personal health information. It is important to us to provide this service to our patients.
In this office, Dr. Albert J. Haddad is the contact person for personal health information related matters.
All staff members who come in contact with your personal health information are aware of the sensitive nature of the information that you have disclosed to us. They are all trained in the appropriate uses and protection of your information.
Within our consent form, we have outlined what our office is doing to ensure that:
- only necessary information is collected about you;
- we only share your information with your consent;
- storage, retention and destruction of your personal health information complies with existing legislation, and privacy protection protocols
- our privacy protocols comply with privacy legislation, standards of our regulatory body, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, and the law
To help you understand how we are doing that, we have outlined here how our office is using and disclosing your information.
This office will collect, use and disclose personal health information about you for the following purposes:
- to deliver safe and efficient patient care
- to identify and to ensure continuous high quality service
- to assess your health needs
- to provide health care
- to advise you of treatment options
- to enable us to contact you
- to establish and maintain communication with you
- to offer and provide treatment, care and services in relationship to the oral and maxillofacial complex and dental care generally
- to communicate with other treating health care providers, including specialists and general dentists who are the referring dentists and/or peripheral dentists
- to allow us to maintain communication and contact with you to distribute health care information and to book and confirm appointments
- to allow us to efficiently follow-up for treatment, care and billing
- for teaching and demonstrating purposes on an anonymous basis
- to complete and submit dental claims for third party adjudication and payment
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including the delivery of patients’ charts and records to the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario in a timely fashion, when required, according to the provisions of the Regulated Health Professions Act
- to comply with agreements/undertakings entered into voluntarily by the member with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, including the delivery and/or review of patients’ charts and records to the College in a timely fashion for regulatory and monitoring purposes
- to permit potential purchasers, practice brokers or advisors to evaluate the dental practice
- to allow potential purchasers, practice brokers or advisors to conduct an audit in preparation for a practice sale
- to deliver your charts and records to the dentist’s insurance carrier to enable the insurance company to assess liability and quantify damages, if any
- to prepare materials for the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (HPARB)
- to invoice for goods and services
- to process credit card payments
- to collect unpaid accounts
- to assist this office to comply with all regulatory requirements
- to comply generally with the law
We welcome your feedback
Yorkville Toronto Dental Specialists welcomes any feedback regarding the methods we use to collect, use and disclose personal health information. Feedback may be provided in person, by telephone/TTY, in writing, by email or by any other communication technology as required.
Should you prefer to give feedback, and receive a response to it, using an alternate method than the one offered, youmay request it.
Feedback can be provided to:
Yorkville Toronto Dental Specialists
#705 – 7 St. Thomas Street
Toronto, ON, M5S 2B7
Email: [email protected]